New school delivery staff required
We're expanding our delivery into schools over the next 12 months, and will therefore be adding to our school team before September.
This will be a part-time post for the first 6 months with an option to expand to full time. Salary based upon experience but exceeding the living wage. The successful applicant will be a great communicator of history, and doesn't necessarily have to have history/archaeology academic qualifications (though it would be an advantage). You'll have had experience in delivering sessions to children in schools/museums/galleries etc and be a generally all-round awesome person who understands the balance of working hard and having a laugh in a work environment.
To register an interest, please send a CV to email@example.com - we will not be taking phone enquiries about this position at this time.
Just a few notes:
- This is a position working with children, if you're not a fan of kids (or they're not a fan of you!) then it's wise to give this one a miss.
- You'll need to be able to drive (or be driving by September!!) - own vehicle not essential.
- You'll be required to have yearly Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service checks.
- Candidates with interest/experience in later historical periods are encouraged to apply (Victorian, WW1, WW2, etc)
- You will be delivering multi-period workshops, and whilst all of our current staff have their own personal research interests, we all have a broad understanding of British history (and prehistory!) and you'll be required to have the same.
- We're a family-friendly company and there's a possibility for this position to work around childcare commitments if you're the best.
- A knowledge of Merseyside and/or Cheshire would be an advantage.
- Try and get a 'feel' of how Big Heritage operate and make sure you are comfortable with our values of People, Past and Planet.