Come and join the team….
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the UK’s most exciting and creative organisations working in the heritage industry and to play a significant role in its development.
Big Heritage was founded in 2011 as a non-profit Community Interest Company. Our Mission is “Doing exciting things in unexpected places to engage and entertain”.
We work with schools, museums, local authorities and community groups on a range of heritage and science projects, including archaeological research, excavations, community digs, education programmes for schools, colleges and universities and general heritage projects for the public.
Over the last five years, Big Heritage have ‘disrupted’ an established order within the heritage industry by championing the idea that people and communities should be as much the priority as archaeologists and historians, as physical heritage has no value or meaning without their engagement. We believe that the importance of the past is entirely wrapped up in the average person’s ability to interpret and learn from it.
- Scope, Develop and plan heritage and science based exhibitions, attractions and events
- Develop and manage project budgets to deliver defined outputs
- Define third party briefs, select, contract and manage third parties
- Manage and build partnerships with external stakeholders
- Design, develop and implement interpretation schemes that maximise accessibility across as wide an audience as possible
- Ensure Health and Safety is maintained across projects
- Manage project delivery to time and budget using appropriate agreed project management techniques
- Develop operating budgets, processes and procedures for projects post implementation
- Work with Marketing and Development Director to implement effective PR and Marketing strategies for launch
- Implementing evaluation processes with support from internal staff and external partners
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in audience development and engagement in any heritage or cultural environment
- Experience in leading and delivering projects involving capital, systems, people and process workstreams
- Evidence of defining and implementing high quality interpretation
Person Specification you will have
- Entrepreneurial attitude to the development of heritage and engagement
- A desire to lead and work independently within a growing organisation
- Creative problem-solving skills with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A love of engaging people across a broad spectrum in heritage and science
- A passion to make a positive difference to the world we share
Additional bonus points for:
- Strong work ethic
- Wicked sense of humour
- Desire to disrupt the patriarchy
- General interest in old stuff
Fixed Term initially for 2 years
Salary 26-32k depending on experience
Location : Chester / Liverpool with some travel in North West and occasional travel nationally
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com - closing date 29th June 5pm.